HP Agilent Keysight 4193A 400KHz-110MHz Vector Impedance Meter
The HP 4193A vector impedance meter is a probe-type, fully automatic microprocessor-based test instrument designed for laboratory and production line applications. It measures and digitally displays impedance, magnitude, |Z|, and phase angle, θ, of active or passive circuits, in-circuit components, and discrete components at test frequencies from 400 kHz to 110 MHz with 10 mΩ (impedance) and 0.1 ° (phase) resolution. Frequency and measured impedance and phase are displayed on the front panel with 4-digit and 3½- digit resolution, respectively. Two measurement speeds are provided: Normal and High Speed. In Normal mode operation, the 4193A performs one measurement per second; in High Speed mode operation, it performs approximately seven measurements per second.
The built-in test synthesizer of the 4193A can be set with 1 kHz resolution to any frequency within the range of 400 kHz to 110 MHz for Spot measurements, or it can be automatically or manually swept in one of two sweep modes: Full and Partial. In Full Sweep mode, frequency is logarithmically swept from 400 kHz to 110 MHz, and measurement is made at 43 frequency points. In Partial Sweep mode, frequency is swept from the selected Start frequency to the selected Stop frequency. The number of measurement points is selectable at 100, 1000, or High Resolution. Frequency resolution is 1 kHz, 10 kHz, or 100 kHz.
Test frequency, auto-ranging, frequency sweep, introspective testing, display, triggering, analog, and HP-IB outputs, calculations, and all other instrument functions are microprocessor controlled.
The 4193A is equipped with complete HP-IB capabilities for remote control of all front-panel controls. It is also equipped with X-Y recorder outputs and pen lift control.
- Impedance magnitude measurement range: 10 Ω - 100 kΩ
- Impedance magnitude measurement resolution: 10 mΩ - 1 kΩ
- Impedance phase measurement range: 10 Ω - 100 kΩ
- Impedance phase measurement resolution: 0.1 °, 1 °
- Full frequency sweep: Test frequency is automatically and logarithmically swept from 400 kHz to 110 MHz. Measurement is made at the following 43 frequency points: 400 kHz, 455 kHz, 500 kHz, 600 kHz, 700 kHz, 800 kHz, 900 kHz, 1 MHz, 1.2 MHz, 1.4 MHz, 1.6 MHz, 1.8 MHz, 2 MHz, 2.333 MHz, 2.666 MHz, 3 MHz, 3.5 MHz, 4 MHz, 4.5 MHz, 5 MHz, 6 MHz, 7 MHz, 8 MHz, 9 MHz, 10 MHz, 12 MHz, 14 MHz, 16 MHz, 18 MHz, 20 MHz, 23.33 MHz, 26.66 MHz, 30 MHz, 35 MHz, 40 MHz, 45 MHz, 50 MHz, 60 MHz, 70 MHz, 80 MHz, 90 MHz, 100 MHz, 110 MHz
- Partial frequency sweep: Test frequency is automatically and linearly swept from the selected Start Freq to the selected Stop Freq. Number of measurement points is selectable with the Steps keys
- 100: One hundred measurement points
- 1000: One thousand measurement points
- High Resoln: Maximum step resolution for the selected sweep frequency range (Start to Stop) is automatically selected
- Measurement terminal: Two-terminal low-grounded probe, connected to instrument with a coaxial cable
- Reference plane: Probe tip without probe pin
- Trigger: Internal, external, or manual
- External test signal: External oscillator can be connected to obtain higher test frequency resolution
- Frequency: 400 kHz to 110 MHz
- Input level: 0 dBm to +5 dBm
- Input terminal: BNC connector
- Measurement time: ~1 s typical Normal Mode, ~150 ms typical High Speed Mode
- Frequency settling time: ~5 ms to 400 ms
- Ranging time: ~1.2 s
- Output impedance: ~25 Ω with 0.2 µF capacitance
- Self Test checks the basic operation of the 4193A and displays the test results each time the instrument is turned on or when the Self Test mode is set by the Self Test key or via the HP-IB
- HP-IB interface capability: SH1, AH1, T5, L4, SR1, RL1, DC1, DT1, E1